Saturday, January 30, 2021

Pricing Method Change

Since I buy my vanilla beans by weight from the grower, it's been really hard for me to have consistent pricing when I sell the beans individually.  One pound of beans have 85 beans in it or the next time it may have 125.  It all depends on the weight of the beans.  I can't keep changing the prices around every time I get a new batch of beans SOOOOOoooo, I'm going to start selling by weight. Just like a grocer.  That means if you buy an ounce of beans you will get approximately 5 beans. Or four. Or six.

You can buy the beans by weight but the count will vary, or you can continue to buy the beans individually, but the price will vary. I've tried to make sure the overall cost will be similar to my most recent price list. Hopefully this will provide a much more consistent price list and will only need to change when/if my costs increase. Also, if you live in Idaho, I've got to start charging 6% sales tax. Boo-hiss....


Price per Ounce:

½ - 2 ounces: $17/oz

2.5 - 4 ounces: $16/oz

4.5 - 6 ounces: $15/oz

6.5+ ounces: $14/oz

Number of Beans per Ounce

1/2 oz. = approx. 2 beans

1 oz = approx. 5 beans

1.5 oz. = approx. 8 beans

2 oz. = approx. 11 beans

No comments:

Post a Comment